Camp is a great experience for kids. It’s a place to learn new skills, meet friends, and have fun! We want as many kids as possible to have the opportunity to attend our camps. But we also know that the cost of camp can be a burden for some families. For that reason, we’ve created a scholarship program.
About Our Scholarships
- Scholarship awards are granted only to campers with financial need.
- Scholarship funds are limited and distributed based on set criteria.
- Awards are provided per family per season and not guaranteed to every applicant.
- Maximum Award Guideline per Family: $250 Full day and Two Week camps. $150 Half day and One Week camps.
- Applications are required for each child.*
- Awards are not valid for Social Skills Camp, Aquatics Swim Lessons or for Extended Care.
- Applicants will be notified of award status via email and US mail.
- All submitted information is confidential.
*Multi-child families may submit one set of financial data with all applications.
First Review of Scholarship Applications and required documents will be Monday, April 18th, 2016. Supplemental documents are required to complete application and are due within 7 days of application submission.
ATDP Camp Scholarship: First round will be Friday, May 27th, 2016. Complete online application, and mail in receipt from ATDP Academic Program showing scholarship award.
How to Apply
Please click on the button below to apply for a scholarship.
During the scholarship application period, in addition to filling out the online application, you will need to submit the following information. Incomplete application packets will not be considered.
- A copy of the previous year’s Tax Form
- Verification of scholarship or financial assistance from other sources (i.e., Free and Reduced Lunch Program, Academic Talent and Development Program (ATDP), “Yes” Program or Pell Grants).
- Letter from your child explaining why they want to take the class or participate in the program. Child should write this letter or dictate to adult to write for them.
- Letter from the parent or guardian explaining how your child would benefit from participation in our program.
PLEASE send ALL required documents in one packet to the following address:
Rec Sports Scholarship Program
University of California, Berkeley
Cal Rec Sports – Customer Service Center
2301 Bancroft Way, MC 4420
Berkeley, CA 94720-4420
Scholarship recipients will be required to complete a general survey about their experience at camp. We will send this to you via Failure to complete the survey will impact future scholarship eligibility.
Learn more about our camps!
- Phone: (510) 643-CAMP
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org